Although I have been working in the studio a lot this summer this is where the work has to come together and get serious and there needs to be conclusions – without totally losing the playfulness I hope. I want to enjoy this process but am pretty terrified by the pressure of it. In addition to the body of work for the MA show (somewhere in the North of England in June) I have an exhibition in Madrid starting at a date to be confirmed in April. That means 2 bodies of work one of which I have started to develop this summer. Here I want to try to get started with the blog again and therefore my initial ideas for aims:
- develop a more rigorous research and studio practice which integrates more experimentation throughout the making process of projects ( a perceived weakness of MA2)
- consider the relationship between walking, drawing (and therefore painting); anonymity and the gaze through research.
Looking back on last years aims most are still relevant (i am still the same human) and some I managed to make more progress with than others. This year’s focus will be more on completing bodies of work for a gallery audience (possibly in addition to other spaces). Her are last year’s (ongoing) aims:
- make links with local, national and international organisations involved in collaborative practice and through this make improved contact with other artists both here and abroad;
- to continue to increase visibility online through maintaining my new website and improved documentation of projects;
- develop studio practice through experimentation alongside focused research possibly with professionals from other disciplines – to make this practice work both in galleries and as site specific work.
- Experiment with working on a variety of, often found, supports and on cloth, walls, furniture alongside relocating objects from sites and adding to them.
- seek a variety of ways of funding my practice.